BIHARPOST NEWS DESK
Cairo: Security officials in Egypt have killed dozens of terrorists during a raid in the country on Saturday, media reports said.
The raids killed “40 terrorists” in Giza and North Sinai on Saturday morning, according to a statement from the ministry, reported BBC.
It said the militants were planning a series of attacks on tourist sites, churches and military personnel, the British news channel further said in its report.
Meanwhile, a roadside blast near Giza pyramids in Egypt left four people killed, media reports said on Saturday.
The raids were conducted by security forces, hours after this blast.
The incident left 12 others injured.
According to reports, the blast near the bus left three Vietnamese tourists and a local tour guide killed.
A bomb hidden beside a wall went off as the bus carrying 14 Vietnamese tourists was passing, BBC reported.
Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly was quoted as saying by BBC that the bus hit the device after it went off its planned route without alerting security forces.
Apart from the Egyptian driver, the other injured people are reportedly Vietnamese tourists.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
Image courtesy: Social Media